What Information Do We Collect?
CryptoMarketCap (also referred to as "we" or "us") collects email addresses of those who communicate with us via email. We also aggregate information concerning what pages users access or visit; information volunteered by the user (such as survey information and/or site registrations); and information related to your use of the Website and/or the mobile application, including IP address, geographic location, and date and time of your request.
How Do We Use the Information?
We use collected information for the following purposes:
- To fulfill a contract or take steps linked to a contract such as processing your registration on our Website or sending you information about changes to our terms or policies;
- Where you give us consent, such as (a) where you ask us to send marketing information to you via a medium where we need your consent, including alerts via mobile push notifications; (b) where you give us consent to place cookies and to use similar technologies; and (c) on other occasions where we ask you for consent, for a purpose which we explain at that time.
- Where we are legally required to do so. We may also provide access to your personally identifiable information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of the Website or the public. In those instances, the information is provided only for that purpose.
How Do We Share Your Information?
We do not share or sell your personal data to other organizations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law.
- We provide such information to third parties who have entered into non-disclosure agreements with us.
- We may aggregate, anonymize, and publish data for statistical and research purposes only (e.g., we may compile and share information related to the popularity of certain products tracked by users. In any such instance, the information will not be able to be traced back to any individual).
Our Ad Partners may also from time to time use web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs). These web beacons are provided by our Ad Partners and allow Ad Partners to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the Ad Partners. Web beacons enable our Ad Partners to recognize a unique cookie on your web browser, which in turn enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Website.
With both cookies and web beacon technology, the information that we collect and share is anonymous and not personally identifiable. It does not contain your name, address, geographic location, telephone number, or email address.
You may also wish to refer to this website for additional information about disabling cookies from your browser: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
How Security Is Guaranteed?
We take precautions to ensure the security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel may gain access to your personal information despite our efforts. You should note that in using this Website, your information will be available over online services and through third-party infrastructures and mobile networks, which are not under our control.
How Is Your Personal Information Is Retained?
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights that are commercially valuable to CryptoMarketCap.
Can Children Use This Website?
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. By using CryptoMarketCap, you are representing that you are at least 18 years old, or that you are at least 16 years old and have your parents’ or guardians’ permission to use the Website.
What Should You Know About EU And EEA Users’ Rights?
If you are located in the European Union or European Economic Area, you generally have the right to access, rectify, download or erase your information, as well as the right to restrict and object to certain processing of your information. You have the right to access your personal data and, if necessary, have it amended, deleted or restricted. In certain instances, you may have the right to the portability of your data. You can also ask us to not send marketing communications and not to use your personal data when we carry out profiling for direct marketing purposes. You can opt-out of receiving email newsletters and other marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided to you in these emails.
What Can You Do With Any Complaints While Using This Website?
If you have any concerns about our use of your information and/or violation of your rights for privacy, you can contact our Support Team with your request or concern about your personal data usage.
How Can You Monitor Any Policy's Changes?
CryptoMarketCap's Team may periodically make updates and/or changes in this Policy. Please check this page occasionally to be sure you're aware of all the changes. If you do not, do not use the Website and any of its components.
What To Do If You Still Have Questions?